World Hepatitis Day 2016: As Hepatitis is the most common disease caused to many people across the world. Every year a day is celebrated just to aware the people and spread guidelines to help prevent this disease. Hepatitis is the disease caused to the liver, if not taken any prevention then it may worsen the patient health. So to aware about this disease and to eradicate it Canadian Society for International Health (CSIH) has joined with organizations across Canada.World Health Organization had made 28th July every year to be celebrated as the World Hepatitis Day in 2010.
This year World Hepatitis Day 2016 will be made with the theme ‘Know Your Status? Get Tested – Learn Your Options’.
We have also discussed on What is Hepatitis? Hepatitis Symptoms in our previous articles.
There are some reason why the World Hepatitis Day is celebrated and why the World Hepatitis Day 2016 will be celebrated globally.
As we told you that World hepatitis day is celebrated every year to spread awareness and encourage the public to protect themselves and their family from Hepatitis. This is done by telling them to go for early diagnosis, prevention and treatment. As according to the numbers millions of peoples have been affected with Hepatitis C and there had been a large number of death each year. So on this day common peoples are told about the Hepatitis Symptoms, Hepatitis Causes and control measures.
This day is celebrated to:
- Make everyone capable to think and focus on this issue.
- Aware people how this disease may be transmitted.
- Increase awareness about types of hepatitis and their vaccines especially hepatitis A and B vaccines.
- To implement some steps to prevent hepatitis.
- To open education centers where people can know about immunization, prevention, diagnosis and control.
- Aware people about all the risk factors, remove social stigma and promote for early testing.
- Registering more and more staff to work professionally in the event.
What are the activities to done on World Hepatitis Day 2016?
On this World Hepatitis Day people from all around the world register to be the member of this event. Activities are been organized at the public places like clinics or arranging the camps at various public places. Activities such as:
- Free screenings & tests
- Concerts, talk shows and demonstrations
- Flash mobs
- Vaccination camps
- Increasing awareness through social Sites and by newspapers, posters distribution etc.
and much more like some competitive activities etc.
So this was all about World Hepatitis Day 2016 WHD on 28th July, 2016. If you have any further information then you can share us by commenting in the comment box below. Stay tuned to us at EducationTimes.