Hepatitis: So before starting to write about What is Hepatitis? Let us first inform you that on every 28th July, World Hepatitis Day is celebrated. Here in this post we will also read about the Causes o Hepatitis and Hepatitis Symptoms. Hepatitis as the word created from Ancient Greek word “Hepar” meaning “Liver” and the latin word “itis” meaning “Inflammation”. The word Hepatitis refers to the injury caused to the liver due to the inflammation of Liver cells.
As tested by the doctors and researchers there are five main types of Hepatitis.
- Hepatitis A: Caused by consuming contaminated food or water
- Hepatitis B: Sexually transmitted disease
- Hepatitis C: spread via direct contact with the blood of a person who has the disease
- Hepatitis D: Infected only to those who have Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis E: By drinking contaminated water
- Hepatitis X
- Hepatitis G: Caused by HGV
As we know about the liver, it is reddish brown color organ located just below the diaphragm in the right. Liver has wide range of functions like Detoxification (filters harmful substances form the blood, such as alcohol), Stores vitamins A, D, K and B12 (also stores minerals), Protein synthesis (makes certain amino acids – the building blocks of proteins), The production of biochemicals needed for digestion, such as bile,Maintains proper levels of glucose in the blood and many more.
So if we talk about the Hepatitis Symptoms, it can be noticed within 3 days or there are cases when they are not noticed. A person suffering from the same has the feces infectious than the other. Hepatitis Symptoms always appear after 15 days or 180 days after the person is infected.
Under the Hepatitis Symptoms the initial or the acute phase symptoms are such as:
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle or joint aches
- Weight loss
- Slight abdominal pain
- Mild fever
But as the times passes by and the patient is not treated then worse stage can causes:
- Circulation problems (only toxic/drug-induced hepatitis)
- Dark urine
- Drowsiness (only toxic/drug-induced hepatitis)
- Yellow skin, whites of eyes, tongue (jaundice)
- Dizziness (only toxic/drug-induced hepatitis)
- Enlarged spleen (only alcoholic hepatitis)
- Itchy skin
- Light colored feces, the feces may contain pus
The initial stage are not as much dangerous but as the curity is not taken it get worsened.
So this was all about What is Hepatitis? Hepatitis Symptoms, Causes. If you have any further information then you can share us by commenting in the comment box below. Stay tuned to us at EducationTimes.