Types of Depression, Symptoms of Depression: There are many states of mind which can make the person happy and sad. There are many state of mind which can make a person afraid and make him confident. All these happens due to the people, activities and environment around you. If all these parameters are out of your comfortable area then it generates the Depression situation for you otherwise you have a smile on your face. So today we will focus mainly on the Types of Depression, Symptoms of Depression.
Types of Depression
So, What is Depression?
Depression is the state of mind which make you sad, think negative and is a serious mood disorder. There are many causes, types and symptoms of Depression. All these effects your feeling, thinking, handling activities like sleeping, eating and working.
Note: Depression term is only given if it had been for minimum of 2 weeks.
Types of Depression
- Perinatal Depression: This type of depression is more serious than baby blues. This clear within two weeks of delivery. The feelings of extreme sadness, anxiety, and exhaustion that accompany perinatal depression may make it difficult for these new mothers to complete daily care activities for themselves and/or for their babies.
- Seasonal Affective Disorders: As the name suggest it has adverse effects during some season. It is mostly caused during winters when there is less natural sunlight, generally occurs during summer and spring. Winter Depression returns every year and causes effect like social withdrawal, increase in sleep and weight gain.
- Persistent Depressive Disorder: This type of disorder is also called as Dysthymia. PDD or Persistent Depressive Disorder ends for about two years. It has periods of less severe symptoms.
- Psychotic Depression: This depression occurs when a person suffers severe depression along with psychosis. Psychosis is behaving abnormally having some delusions, hearing or seeing upsetting things that other can’t noticed i.e. hallucination.
- Bipolar Disorder
Symptoms of Depression
So above were some of the types of Depressions. These depressions shows some of the symptoms from which it can be noticed and the type of depression.
- Feeling Helplessness
- Persistent sad, empty mood and anxious
- Feeling of hopelessness or pessimism
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Low energy
- Lack of interest in hobbies
- Walking empty
- Feeling restless
- Death, Suicide thoughts
- Also attempting suicide is the symptom of depression
- Not able to concentrate, learn and decision making.
- Headaches, sick, digestive problems
All these symptoms are not necessarily found in every person. May be some person have more symptoms and some have less symptoms.
So this was all about Types of Depression, Symptoms of Depression. We will discuss more about Internet of Things Examples IOT Applications in our next session. If you have any further information then you can share us by commenting in the comment box below. Stay tuned to us at EducationTimes.