GATE 2017 Syllabus PDF: GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that tests the comprehension of different undergraduate students in engineering and science. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is led mutually by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) in the interest of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
GATE 2017-18 exam will be conducted in February 2017. GATE Exam will be conducted in different streams among which the top branches are: AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, XE, AR, CY, GG, MA, PH, and XL. You can get GATE 2017 Syllabus PDF for all the subjects of GATE from the provided details below.
GATE 2017 Disciplines
So recently GATE 2017 exam is conducted in 23 different subjects and disciplines. Disciplines of GATE currently are:
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF|
|Electrical EngineeringEE||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL**|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
All 23 disciplines of Gate Paper have different pattern and syllabus. All the GATE disciplines have their respective cut offs.
GATE 2017 Syllabus PDF
Syllabus for GATE 2017 will have a common General Aptitude Questions and Subject Based questions. Subject Based Questions will consist of question respective to the subject or stream you have opted for during GATE 2017 Registration.
General Aptitude Test: GAT is common to all streams of GATE exam. It includes two type of questions. There is a total of 15 marks questions from this section.
- Verbal Ability: Sentence Completion, English grammar, Word Groups, verbal analogies,
instructions, critical reasoning and verbal deduction.
- Numerical Ability: Data Interpretation, Numerical computation, numerical estimation and numerical reasoning.
Subject-based Questions: Subject-Based Questions as we discussed are mainly from your stream for which you have applied. Most of the streams have a common Engineering Math part along with the engineering questions. These questions carry the weight age of about 85 marks. Engineering Mathematics carry the weight of about 13% while subject questions carry the weight of 72%.
You can get GATE 2017 Exam Syllabus PDF by following this link. This updated GATE Syllabus PDF is taken from the official website of GATE 2017.
Graduate Test for Engineer Exam Syllabus
- GATE 2017 AE / Aerospace Engineering Syllabus
- GATE 2017 AR / Architecture and Planning Syllabus
- BT / Biotechnology GATE Syllabus
- Civil Engineering GATE Syllabus
- GATE 2017 CH / Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- GATE 2017 CS / Computer Science and Information Technology Syllabus
- CY / Chemistry GATE Syllabus
- GATE 2017 EC / Electronics and Communication Engineering Syllabus
- GATE 2017 EE / Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- GG / Geology and Geophysics GATE Syllabus
- GATE 2017 AG / Agricultural Engineering Syllabus
- Instrumentation Engineering Syllabus for GATE 2017
- GATE 2017 MA / Mathematics Syllabus
- ME / Mechanical Engineering GATE Syllabus
- GATE 2017 MN / Mining Engineering Syllabus
- GATE 2017 MT / Metallurgical Engineering Syllabus
- PH / Physics GATE Syllabus
- GATE 2017 PI / Production and Industrial Engineering Syllabus
- GATE 2017 TF / Textile Engineering and Fibre Science Syllabus
- XE* / Engineering GATE 2017 Sciences Syllabus
- GATE 2017 XL** / Life Sciences Syllabus
- EY / Ecology and Evolution GATE Syllabus
GATE 2017 Syllabus for all streams will be provided to you in our post related to related Stream GATE syllabus.
So this was all about GATE 2017 Syllabus PDF Gate Exam Pattern. We will discuss more How to solve problem on ages in quant paper in our next session. If you have any further information then you can share us by commenting in the comment box below. Stay tuned to us at EducationTimes.